So many things are going through my head right now...... So much has happened in the last month. I guess I should start with Jason's Tri. I know that it was over a month ago, but we've been busy. Jason was amazing and was 5th out of the water out of 60 people. His swim was under 15 minutes which is amazing! He did great on the bike and the run as well. I'm so proud of him and I can't wait to see him race again! Here are some pictures...



I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of him and all the hard work and training he did for this. He is an amazing athlete and his drive and determination is one of the reason I make it through our long training runs.
I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of him and all the hard work and training he did for this. He is an amazing athlete and his drive and determination is one of the reason I make it through our long training runs.
Stanley Cup Payoffs came and went and just like Jason said..... it was the Pens year and they did it. We were so excited.

Unfortunately some bad things happened this month. A couple weeks into June we found out that the floor boards under the shower in our bathroom were rotted. I guess it's been leaking for sometime now because the shower is old and they didn't have a shower pan underneath the title. So we had to tear out the whole bathroom and then the bathroom downstairs where its leaked into the dry wall. Hopefully sometime this summer we can get it fixed.
Then the hardest one...... Last Tuesday Jason was riding his bike home from work when he was hit by a car. The driver of the truck turned left and crossed the lanes of traffic and never saw Jason. I never want to receive a call like that again. Jason was very lucky. We went to hospital and they determined that there was no broken bones, but he needed to see a specialist for his shoulder and knee. They are still extremely worried about blood cots because Jason is allergic to Ibuprofen and they can't get the swelling to go down. So needless to say its been a tough week. We will know today if he needs to have surgery on his knee. Thank goodness my work is so amazing! I've been able to take time off and leave early to take him to appointments with no problem. I'm so grateful for how amazing they have been and continue to be.
Right now we are just hoping for the best for Jason. His bike is totaled and we don't know what will happen with the insurance because the guy that hit Jason was arrested for outstanding warrants and we just found out that the truck that he was driving wasn't even his, nor was the insurance he provided to the police. It's been frustrating and I'm sure it will be for some time. I'm just so grateful that tomorrow we will be celebrating Jason's 24th Birthday and while he may not be walking and he is still black and blue. He is still here and I know that he will be back on his feet as soon as he possibly can. I love you Jason! Happy Birthday tomorrow!
1 comment:
I am soooo soooo sorry to hear about Jason! I hope everything turns out well!
Post a Comment