Even though I'm so bad about posting, I did in fact finish the race. I had a blast! I never paid attention to the clock at the finish line but my watch had me about 2:15ish. I was shocked at how fast the time flew by. My goal was to come in under 2:10 minutes, but I'm still very happy. Next time I will get there.
During the whole training process I always felt like I couldn't run faster than a 10 minute pace. I guess I was wrong. My pace was all over the place and afterwards when I downloaded my watch I was shocked. I can run faster! I didn't even feel like I was pushing myself that hard during the race. Here were my times.
Mile 1 -8:59
Mile 2 -10:51 (Lots of people!)
Mile 3 -9:06
Mile 4 -8:52
Mile 5 -10:36
Mile 6 -9:33
Mile 7 -9:04
Mile 8- 10:18
Mile 9- 10:23
Mile 10 -15:06 (story below)
Mile 11 -14:03 (again below)
Mile 12 -9:54
Mile 13.1 - 9:57
Mile 2 -10:51 (Lots of people!)
Mile 3 -9:06
Mile 4 -8:52
Mile 5 -10:36
Mile 6 -9:33
Mile 7 -9:04
Mile 8- 10:18
Mile 9- 10:23
Mile 10 -15:06 (story below)
Mile 11 -14:03 (again below)
Mile 12 -9:54
Mile 13.1 - 9:57
Crazy eh? I wasn't kidding when I said that I was all over the place!
The first mile I was shocked because it wasn't as crowed as I thought it would be and then all of the sudden we hit mile 2 and I was moving all over the place to get around people. Mile 3, 4 and 5 were uneventful. I tossed my jacket, wishing that I had put on a tank because it got hot fast! Mile 5 there was a bit of a hill that I slowed down for. Mile 6-8 were good. I felt great and I was excited to keep going. Then I hit mile 9 and I started to feel like I was getting a blister. I kept thinking, "Damn! I never get blisters!" By mile 10 I knew for sure that I had one bad, so I keep going and then I remember that last minute I decided to put mole skin in my sports bra just in case. So I stopped and put that on. Then Mile 11 was a big hill and let me be the first one to say that I did NO hill training for this race, so it kicked my butt and I had to walk. Once I got to the top I just wanted to stay strong and feel great! It was so awesome to see my family and friends as the finish line cheering me on.
I took a Sunday and Monday off and tested the whole running faster thing on Tuesday. Just to see if I could do it when I wasn't in a race. It was no problem. I can't wait to see where I'll be towards the end of the summer.
I have a few races that I would like to sign up for, but I'm going to give my self a couple more weeks to decide. Plus, Jason give me the best birthday present ever! A road bike! I'm really exited! I've wanted one for a while since he got so into it. Tomorrow is the day that the doctor told him that he can get back to riding (he still has a month or so before he can try running). Since he hasn't been able to ride since February, hopefully I won't slow him down to much. I would really like to start riding my bike to work, but we'll see. I'm nervous since Jason getting hit last year, so I need one of these.
No comments:
Post a Comment