Thursday, April 15, 2010

Here we go again

Why is it that I sign myself up for these situations? I'm freaking out people! The Salt Lake Half is this Saturday. I feel like I am all over this place. One minute I'm so excited and then the next I feel like throwing up. I need to stop. I just don't how too.

I'm trying to stop and think about the fact that I have trained harder for this race, then I ever did for the Park City Half last year and I finished that one. This is a much faster course than Park City. I keep reading this quote "It's very hard to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the real competition is against the voice inside you that wants to quit." -George Sheehan

I don't really have a problem with wanting to beat other people. I know that I'm not the fastest runner and I could care less who finishes before me. The part that really means something to me is the whole not listening to your voice in your head that tells me to quit or to slow down my pace. I tend to get really comfortable with running and sometimes I don't push myself and I would like to change that with this race.
For some reason today I keep seeing this:



It's not helping. I need something more like this:

2 comments:

Alicia said...

so, how did it go?

ERIN said...

So howd ya do....